Monday, May 23, 2016

Graduation And Age +1.

Finally, It's Time To Graduate, After Three Seemingly Long Years Which Flew By Like The Wind. I Still Remember When I Was In Year 1, I Was So Active In Camps. I Really Thought Making Lots Of Friends And Being Popular Was The Way To Go In Poly. But NOPE. If Wanting To Feel Popular In Poly Was The Way To Go, I Would've Screwed Myself Over And Over Again. It's A Cool Thing To Make Friends But I've Learnt Really, That It's Those Whom You Can Count On That Really Matters.

And I'm Glad That After 3 Whole Years, I've Found These Amazing Friends And Lecturer(s). Be It Through Knowing Each Other In The Same Class, During Internship, Project Work Or Even On Taiwan Trip (During Year 2). They Have Helped Me To Grow So Much In Different Ways Which I'm Really Thankful For. And Of Course, My Parents Too. Back Then When I Chose To Go Polytechnic My Mum Wasn't Too Happy With My Decision. But Now, I Guess She's Happy With The Choice I Make So Long As I Have Planned Ahead (Which I Have).



















I Used To Question Myself If JC Would've Been The Better Path For Me. And Up Till Now, I'm Still Not Sure If It Would've Been. Maybe It Would. But I Have No Regrets. I've Not Accomplished Much During These 3 Years But I've Definitely Gained Lots And Lots Of Insight In The Banking Sector After Going Through The Various Modules And Hands On Experience During Internship At OCBC. Of All The Modules, Business Communication Was Definitely The More Significant And Practical One To Me As We Get To Learn And Practice For Interviews, Boardroom Presentation And Even Writing A Report. Communication Skills Are Crucial In Networking And Helping One To Find The Right Connections.

Learning Definitely Doesn't Stop Here. Continuing To Upgrade Myself Further And Trying To Gain More Exposure Is What I Am Going To Keep Doing, Starting With Basic Macro Programming.

~~~~~~

Yet Another Year Had Past And I Am Just One Year Away From Being An Adult With Full Voting Rights. Not Something I'd Say I Am Exactly Looking Forward To But I Guess One Year Older Means It's Time To Think And Act More Maturely.

Perhaps, Just Maybe A Birthday Is Supposed To Be A Very Special Day. A Celebration When You Were Brought To This World. But Honestly, Without My Mum, I Wouldn't Be Here. It's A Day To Be Thankful For. I Love My Mum And I Don't Need A Celebration. No Need For Cakes Or Presents. They're Just Unnecessary Money Gone Down The Drain.

But Still My Mum Insist And My Parents Ordered A Lovely Cake Online And My Dad Went Down Specially Just To Collect It. It's So Colorful, Maybe Just The Colors I Needed In My Life.





Again, It Wasn't A Big Celebration Or What But I'm Happy And Contented. Because At The End Of The Day, Your Family Will Always Be There For You. It's Little Moments Like This That I Really Cherish Because How Many More Birthdays Will There Be For Us To Celebrate As A Family? I Like To Be Positive But The Fact That My Parents Are Growing Older Year By Year Means That I Shouldn't Take For Granted The Little Things In Life Which I Always Am Thankful And Grateful For.

Family. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment